Reasons Obstructing the Registration of a Trademark in Turkey
It is important to take into account the reasons, which may obstruct the registration of a trademark. The filed applications for registration of a trademark shall be rejected in the following cases, which are named as â€œAbsolute Reasonsâ€.
- The signs with no distinctive feature,
- The signs similar or identical with the previously registered or already filed trademark falling in the similar or identical scope of the goods or services,
- The signs indicating type, sort, feature, quality, objective, value, geographical sources for the goods or services for which registration is sought.
- The signs which allow differentiation of any occupation and members of the artistic or commercial groups or used commonly by any commercial community along with the trademarks which include the names exclusively or principally,
- The signs figuratively indicating the good or its essential value which is stemming from the natural structure or as a result of the technical processes of the product to be registered,
- The marks misleading the public in view of the quality, quantity or place of production, geographical source of the goods or services.
- Country flags, military or dynasty armorial bearings submitted to WIPO International Bureau, seals and emblems of the countries and the international organizations,
- Words and signs representing religious values and symbols, Signs and words detrimental to public order and general ethical rules,
cannot be registered as a trademark.